Accoya Timber vs Hardwood. What's best?
Choosing the right timber for your front door is not an easy choice. There are so many options to consider. Here we will take a look at the classic choice between Accoya timber vs hardwood, including the advantages and disadvantages of each.
Accoya Timber For Your Doors and Windows?
- The timber is guaranteed for 50 years and needs a very small amount of maintenance.
- Generally speaking, the timber is light in colour which means you get an impressive choice of finishes that can be applied.
- Sustainability is key, the timber combines the carbon benefits of softwood with the longevity of hardwood. World changing environmental credentials.
- It can be used for all types of wood work projects from bespoke doors to sash / casement windows
- Unbelievable thermal qualities, your home will stay cool on the hot days and warm in the winter. A great way to save money!
- Renowned for its resistibility to swelling and shrinkage.
- It requires less treatment than other most common woods on the market
- Hardwood is a good insulator, adding that onto our in house glazing department, you can reach high thermal efficiency levels.
- Transparent coatings take to hardwood well, giving you the choice of all colours.
Our Bespoke Front Doors
Front Door Security
If you’ve got a dated property with the same door fitted, security is always a concern.
Our doors are fitted with the latest style locking systems which you can use from inside and outside.
We work with Banham security and other door hardware suppliers to provide you with a comprehensive fitting.
Houses lose an untold amount of heat through their front doors believe it or not, it’s such a common occurrence that during the colder season’s customers come to realise they’ve got a chilly draught or that the cold weather has damaged the construction of the door.
Our doors are made of Accoya timer unless specified otherwise, this allows a durable quality and a sustainable process – extremely hardwearing with several coats of paint! Protecting your door for many years to come, looking beautiful in all types of weather.
The forefront to the entrance of your home.
How to get your quote!
1. Contact us to discuss what service and product you are looking for Beechhall Joinery to provide
2. We will arrange a time and date to carry out a survey
3. One of our team members will organise to send your quotation by email or verbally over the phone.
4. Once the quote is confirmed, we will book in an installation date and keep you posted all the way through.
Front Doors, Bifold Sliding Doors, French Doors and more. All Bespoke.
Box Sash, Casements, Roof Lights and more. All Bespoke to your requirements.
To fit all our bespoke products to ensure the look is just right, various types of glazing from style to security.
Always Made in the UK
We manufacture every order by hand using traditional methods; from carpentry and joinery, to fitting and finishing.
Every door is as individual as the home it will one day belong to. Each one is made by hand, to your exacting requirements so it perfectly meets the functional and aesthetic needs of your home.
Trusted For Over 25 Years
Our reputation for excellence in all that we do has been earned over 25 years of making exceptional bespoke front doors. As a result of our commitment to quality and service, 60% of our orders are repeat business or recommendations.
Beechhall Joinery Bespoke Edwardian Front Doors - Distinctive Impressions!
Front door styles from Edwardian, Victorian, 20s & 30s, Georgian and Contemporary but definitely not your typical looking door. We work with character and personal touches, after all it is your home and therefore it should be created to suit you. First impressions count.
London Office/Showroom Address
Essex Office Address
The Forefront to your home, book a visit today.
Handcrafted Edwardian Front Doors. Made To Measure - Made to Perfection.